January 5, 2016
Until position is filled
Mid-April to the end of September
The Cook, under the direction of designated culinary management and supervisors, will prepare, present, store, and dispatch all food products, specifically, but not limited to Bunkers Grill. This will include various functions to pre-set menu specifications within the given time limitations as previously determined by the Executive Chef and Guest, according to the standards of Kokanee Springs, as determined by the Executive Chef, and in compliance with all health and safety regulations by ensuring adherence to all sanitary and safe food handling guidelines at all times.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Knowledge of proper sanitation procedures and food safe guidelines.
- Understanding of food handling and sanitation standards.
- Understanding of restaurant operational procedures.
- Effective decision making skills.
- Ability to acquire and maintain relationships e.g., associates, customers, vendors.
- Positive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive attitude and a consistent display of professionalism.
- Innovative, detail oriented, and quality conscious.
- Ability to exert physical effort in transporting equipment and wares.
- Ability to endure abundant physical movements in carrying out job duties.
- Ability to take constructive feedback and leadership.
- Grade 10 minimum.
To apply for this opportunity at Kokanee Springs, please email your resume and cover letter to: Brenda Oates at email@example.com.