January 5, 2016
Until position is filled
Mid-April to the end of September
The Bartender prepares alcoholic drinks for patrons of restaurants, bars, cocktail lounges, and other places where drinks are served. The bartender’s main job is to know the standard drink recipes and be able to mix them quickly and accurately. Customers may have their own preferences or recipes for the bartender to follow. Bartenders also check the identification of customers to ensure that they meet the minimum drinking age. Bartenders take drink orders, serve drinks, and collect money for drinks. Bartenders fill drink orders placed by waitresses for customers to be served. He/she arranges bottles and barware, washes glasses, and cleans the bar. The Bartenders also removes empty bottles and trash and replaces empty beer kegs. Bartenders stock the bar by bringing liquor bottles, mixed drink ingredients, and other bar supplies from the storeroom to the bar. He/she keeps track of wines, beers, liquors, and other supplies, and ordering bar supplies.
- Completed Bartending classes preferred.
- Have a Serving it Right.
- Minimum 2 years Bartending.
- Current Smart Serve Certification (Or appropriate provincial certification).
- Knowledge of drink recipes.
- Ability to handle large crowds.
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Experience in all aspects of customer service and people management
To apply for this opportunity at Kokanee Springs, please email your resume and cover letter to: Brenda Oates at email@example.com.